Online SPE system with replaceable SPE cartridges: The best of all worlds GERSTEL SPExos expands your sample preparation portfolio with online SPE. Compared with standard SPE, SPExos relies on much smaller cartridges with only 50 mg of sorbent, enabling a significant miniaturization of the entire process: Much smaller sample amounts are needed to reach required detection limits and much less solvent is needed for analyte elution reducing cost, simplifying logistics, and increasing method sensitivity. The SPE system is completely integrated into the LC-MS/MS system and 100% of the eluate is transferred to the LC column for best possible recovery and limits of detection.
The GERSTEL SPExos is inserted into the overall LC-MS/MS system between the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS) and the HPLC system. Online SPE can be combined with sample preparation steps performed by the MPS, including addition of standards, dilution, and derivatization. Following the MPS sample preparation steps, the sample is introduced to the SPExos system. At the end of the SPE process, analytes are eluted by the HPLC mobile phase and transferred directly to the LC column for maximum recovery. The complete system including MPS and SPExos is intuitively controlled by mouse click through the GERSTEL MAESTRO Software, integrated with the LC-MS/MS sequence table or independently in stand alone operation. The PrepAhead function enables multi-sample overlapping of sample preparation and LC-MS/MS analysis, ensuring optimal system utilization and best possible Return on Investment (ROI).
Main Features and Advantages
- User selectable cartridge exchange
- All standard SPE phases available
- Elimination of sample to sample carry-over
- Cost savings though multiple use of cartridges (for cleaner samples)
- Sealed extraction system reduces solvent evaporation and laboratory contamination
- Cartridge inserted into the LC mobile phase path provides complete analyte transfer
- Simple addition to LC/MS systems with integrated software control of entire system
- PrepAhead functions for maximum throughput