The GERSTEL Microwave Option for the MPS allows time consuming and/or complex sample preparation procedures to be performed automatically, rapidly and with better accuracy and precision. The almost limitless liquid handling capabilities of the MPS combined with the advanced Discover SP-D microwave system from CEM Corporation can greatly reduce time and labor needed for any application, especially those that require multiple reagent additions and heating cycles. A perfect example of this if the saponification/esterification of samples for the determination of fatty acid methyl esters (FAMES).
Main Features and Advantages
- Advanced microwave system provide precise control of heating/cooling conditions with built in sample stirring
- Efficiency of microwave heating greatly decreases reaction times
- Liquid handling capabilities of MPS allow a wide range of procedures to be automated
- Complete software control and integration through GERSTEL Maestro Software
- Single, disposable reaction vessel allows for a true “one pot” procedure.
- Eliminates time consuming reaction vessel and reflux condenser set-up, tear-down and cleaning.
- Reduces exposure of laboratory personnel to hazardous materials