Collection of personal information
Personal information is information relating to you that may be used to identify you as an individual, by reference to an identifier, including without limitation, your name, your physical or other address, your telephone number, your electronic mail address, your identification number, online user name, Internet activity information, location data, biometric data, economic, cultural or social identity, and other similar information. When you use the GERSTEL Website, GERSTEL may ask you for and collect personal information from and about you. .
GERSTEL may collect and combine information about you whenever you interact with us including:
- Information that you provide to us such as:
- information you provide when you complete an application, registration, and other form; and
- information you provide when you use our GERSTEL Website to communicate, to comment or to provide other information on the GERSTEL Website.
- Information that we collect about you such as:
(i) information about your visit to the GERSTEL Website such as pages views, referring webpages, search queries, product and service interests, and data analytics;
(ii) information that we may collect about your computers, mobile phones and other devices used to access the GERSTEL Website, including your IP address, cookie information (only as strictly necessary to provide basic functions of the GERSTEL Website), browser type, operating systems type, and mobile network information; and
- information about your location.
- Information that we collect about you from others such as:
(i) information about your transactions with us, our business partners, our customers, and our suppliers; and
(ii) information from publicly available sources.
Use of personal information
GERSTEL may use your personal information (by combining and using the information collected as described above) for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations to you in connection with providing certain information, products and services that you request from us;
- to respond to your questions and requests in connection with certain information, products and services;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to provide our periodic newsletters and email updates;
- to administer the GERSTEL Website and for internal operations;
- to improve and develop new features and content for the GERSTEL Website;
- to measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising that we provide to you and others, and to provide relevant advertising to you;
- to comply with GERSTEL’s legal obligations; and
- to transfer your information as a part of a merger or sale of our business.
Sharing of personal information
GERSTEL will not distribute, share or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party except as follows:
- to companies, individuals and other third parties, when you have consented to such disclosure;
- to business partners, suppliers and other third parties that help us to provide certain products and services to you;
- trusted partners who work on behalf of GERSTEL based on our direction and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures;
- in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with GERSTEL’s rights or property, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- when we believe in good faith that it is required or permitted by law; and
- to transfer your personal information as a part of a merger or sale of our business.
How long we store personal information
We will store your personal information for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which your personal information is processed. We may retain and use your personal information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements and rights. GERSTEL will retain and use your personal information only as necessary to complete our obligations to you and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights.
Opting out and other rights
To keep you in control of your personal information and the communications directed to you, you may:
(i) edit your marketing preferences and communications preferences;
(ii) access, review and correct your personal information;
(iii) withdraw your previously given consent to processing of your personal information.
You may contact us regarding any inquiry or request concerning such rights by sending an email to email@example.com, or by calling us at (410) 247-5885 or by completing an online form at www.gerstelus.com.
GERSTEL reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to the GERSTEL Website that are considered part of your account, such as notifying you of changes to the GERSTEL Website, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
GERSTEL takes great care in providing secure transmission of your information over the Internet. Even though we strive to protect your personal identifiable information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. GERSTEL cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, which you do so at your own risk. GERSTEL uses encryption and security software to secure all sensitive information which is transmitted to us over the Internet. Once we receive your transmission, GERSTEL has reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use and disclose.
Children’s privacy (individuals under certain age)
GERSTEL is committed to protecting the privacy of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their child’s online activities and interests. You must be at least 13 years of age to use the GERSTEL Website. GERSTEL does not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about visitors to the GERSTEL Website who are under such years of age.
How We Link to Other Websites
The GERSTEL Website contains links that may direct you to other websites that are beyond our control. These websites are linked only for your convenience and you access them at your own risk. We have no control over these websites or how they collect, distribute or otherwise use any personal information, and we do not guaranty the security of any information that you may disclose. We encourage you to review the terms of service and privacy policies available at these other websites.
Changes to this policy
Effective Date: February 11, 2021