Tattoo Ink: A Closer Look
In This Issue
GERSTEL Celebrates Its 50th Anniversary
- From one-man show to internationally acclaimed solutions provider,
Automated Sample Preparation – Efficient Doping Control
- In a race to keep up with new doping agents the Centre for Preventive Doping Research, Cologne, Germany is upgrading their laboratory with performance enhancing technologies and automation.
Consumer Protection – Tattoo Ink: A Closer Look.
- Scientists have shown that pyrolysis GC/MS can be used to stimulate the breakdown process and determine the compounds formed from a given ink during laser treatment.
Drinking Water Analysis – Monitoring of disinfection byproducts
- Water is chlorinated to eliminate potentially harmful byproducts. In the process, unwanted disinfection byproducts (DBPs) are formed.
Materials Analysis – Indoor Air Care
- A fully automated analysis based on Dynamic Headspace/Thermal Desorption-GC/MS enables fast and efficient characterization of VOC emissions.
Laboratory On-Site: Visiting LAVES in Oldenburg, Germany – On the Wings of the Condor
- GERSTEL visited LAVES pesticide laboratory to gain insight on the determination of pesticides in cereals.