Solventless Sample Preparation Techniques for Mass Spectrometric Analysis PittCon 2015 – New Orleans, Louisiana
Not all GC/MS analyses require a solvent to be successful. Come hear from leaders in the field how you can reduce or eliminate the use of solvents in your work.
Overview: The Theory of Solvent Free Sample Preparation
Part I: Solid Phase Microextraction (SPME) – Gyorgy Vas, Intertek
- Headspace Sampling Techniques
- SPME Sampling Modes
Part II: Stir Bar Sorptive Extraction (SBSE) –Ed Pfannkoch, GERSTEL, Inc.
- Thermal Desorption Basics
- What is SBSE? What are its major benefits?
- What equipment do I need?
- SBSE method development (sampling considerations, analytical aspects, and non-standard sampling)
Part III: Improved or Totally New Solvent Free Techniques – Kurt Thaxton, GERSTEL, Inc.
- Dynamic Headspace (DHS)
- Super-sized DHS: Automated small chamber sampling
- Multi-volatile Methods(MVM)
- Pyrolysis: Standard use sand new developments
The class will begin at 8:30am on Tuesday, March10th at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The course fee is $500 ($710 after 2/20/2015)
We’ll see you there
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW